1. Tickets? Be sure to purchase your tickets today as there is no guarantee that tickets won’t be sold out at the door! You can purchase tickets now online at www.fashionfightingfamine.eventbrite.com.
2. Glamorous dress? Now’s the time to go all out – we encourage you to dress to the theme! The main venue will be hijabi-friendly and no men will be allowed in. Also, be sure to check out the Keepin’ It Halal section for more information.
3. Cameras? NO! Cameras will not be allowed into the main venue, and anyone seen with a camera (or cell-phone camera!) will be appropriately warned and the device confiscated, even if you are taking a picture of yourself! A zero tolerance policy is in place to ensure the modesty and comfort of all women at the venue. DESPAIR NOT! You can still preserve your memories at our Red Carpet photo area, where you can have our photographers snap a Polaroid photo of you at a small fee, with all the proceeds going towards charity!
4. Checkbook and Cash? “An Old Hollywood Affair” is a fashion show FUNDRAISER and we will be raising funds for the Islamic Relief projects in Mali! Also, there will be an amazing bazaar featuring over 20 vendors, with 20% of proceeds going straight to charity.
5. Mom and Friends? Our program is family friendly and we encourage you to make it a mother-daughter event! And don’t forget to tell all your friends – you won’t want them to miss a fabulous evening of fun and fundraising!
6. Red Carpet? We’ve got that covered.
7. Running Late? We hope not!
Doors open at 5:15pm and the show starts promptly at 6 o’clock p.m. We recommend you arrive early!