We're so excited about our 2012 Fashion Show - now just four days away! We want to make sure you have everything in order - here's what you need to know!
2012 Fashion Show CHECKLIST
- TICKETS? What! You haven't purchased your tickets yet? You can purchase tickets online RIGHT NOW! What are you waiting for? You don't want to hesitate - tickets at the door are subject to availability. Additionally, purchasing your tickets in advance guarantees you PRIORITY seating!
- DOORS OPEN AT 4PM! Doors to our event open at 4pm and check-in at the registration table is required. Seating will take place at specific call-times, with Front-Row Pass seating at 5:15pm, Priority Seating (those who purchased their General tickets in advance. Hint: buy your tickets in advance!) at 5:25pm, and the remainder of General Seating will take place at 5:45pm. You will want to arrive at 4pm to check-in, browse our bazaar, and snap some photos at our red-carpet booth before heading to the show!
- PARKING IS FREE! Parking for our guests is complimentary of Fashion Fighting Famine. Just let the UC Irvine Student Center Parking Structure attendants know you are attending Fashion Fighting Famine, and they will provide you with a daily parking pass ($10 value).
- MOM AND FRIENDS? Our program is family friendly and we encourage you to make it a mother-daughter event! And don’t forget to tell all your friends and co-workers – you won’t want them to miss a fabulous evening of fun and fundraising! We also encourage you to invite your non-Muslim friends as this is a great opportunity learn about Muslim-American culture!
- CHECKBOOK OR CASH? Our 2012 Fashion Show is a charitable event and we will be raising funds for One Laptop Per Child and Syria for Relief and Development! There will also be an amazing Shop for a Cause bazaar, where every purchase will be supporting our two honorable charitable causes. We guarantee you won't find these clothes anywhere else, so don't miss your chance to shop the latest trends in modest fashion while supporting charity!
- CHIC OUTFIT? We encourage you to come looking your best reflecting your personal sense of style. Just be sure to keep in mind that this years event will not be an environment where you can remove your hijab/headscarf, so please dress accordingly!
- CAMERA? Yes! You'll want to preserve the memories of this glamorous evening filled with all your friends and family. Cellphones and flash photography will not be allowed during the show.
More questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions
page for all the details.
We absolutely can't wait to see you this Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 at 4pm at the most fashionably charitable event of the year - the Fashion Fighting Famine 2012 Charity Fashion Show! For those who can't make it, we are very sad to miss you, but there are still ways to be involved!
- Tell your friends and family. Even though you can't make it, share and spread the love by telling your loved ones about the show and encouraging them to attend! They'll love you for not letting them miss it.
- Buy a ticket to support. You can still support Fashion Fighting Famine in it's mission to support charities in eliminating global hunger, poverty, and disease while providing a platform for the Muslim arts & culture by purchasing a ticket out of support for the event.
- Make a donation. Our 2012 Fashion Show is a charity event in support of One Laptop Per Child and Syria for Relief and Development. To make a donation, please visit our Cause of the Year page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to using our talents to benefit those in need - please join us in supporting these truly worthy causes!